- Chicago Bulls- Even if Rose goes down again, Thibs will have them at the top of the conference again.
- Cleveland Cavs- It will take them a few games to gel, but once they get going they’ll be almost unstoppable.
- Washington Wizards- Paul Pierce gives them the veteran experience they need and all the important parts return.
- Toronto Raptors- With the same roster as last year, I expect the Raptors to continue their winning ways.
- Charlotte Hornets- For his first season, there will be more good Lance than bad Lance.
- Atlanta Hawks- The most middling team will continue their middling ways.
- Detroit Pistons- Wishful homer pick. I hate the roster, but hopeful Stan Van still has some moves to make.
- New York Knicks- The Zen master will find a way to sneak them into the playoffs.
- Brooklyn Nets- Their aging roster will be just good enough for them to not make the playoffs.
- Miami Heat- A thin roster, no LeBron, and a falling apart Wade. Expect to see a bunch of half empty Miami games.
- Milwaukee Bucks- I love a lot of the Bucks roster and think they will improve soon, but I give it another year until the playoffs.
- Boston Celtics- Expect Rondo to be traded at some point this season. Brad Stevens will have them playing hard all season for few wins.
- Orlando Magic- The Magic are heading in the right direction, it’ll just be a few seasons before they compete.
- Indiana Pacers- The Pacers take the biggest plunge of the year, expect a major roster overall during mid-season and after.
- Philadelphia 76ers- Two words, train wreck and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
- San Antonio Spurs- Even with their constant in season resting, the champs will be on top again.
- LA Clippers- Without the huge Sterling albatross around their neck, LA’s best team will rise up in a big way.
- Golden St. Warriors- I think they missed a huge opportunity skipping on the Love trade, but the Splash brothers will continue splashing.
- OKC Thunder- With Durant out for awhile, Westbrook will step up in a huge way.
- Houston Rockets- The biggest losers in free agency will still be good enough with Harden and Howard to make the playoffs.
- Portland Trailblazers- The Blazers will continue their winning ways, but need another move before they become major contenders.
- Dallas Mavericks- Dirk and company still have enough in the tank to make it in the playoffs again.
- New Orleans Pelicans- Like many others, I expect the Unibrow to make the superstar leap this year and take the Pellies with him.
- Phoenix Suns- Once again, the Suns are just good enough to miss the playoffs.
- Memphis Grizzlies- With much pain to say, I don’t think the Grizz have enough to crack a super tough West playoffs.
- Minnesota Timberwolves- They will be one of the most entertaining teams to watch, but in a tough west won’t find enough wins.
- Denver Nuggets- Even with one of the deepest rosters in the league, the west is so tough, even good teams will miss the playoffs.
- Utah Jazz- Good young nucleus, but still not enough talent or experience.
- Sacramento Kings- With the Maloofs gone, the Kings will improve, but not enough to make a big move in the standings.
- LA Lakers- Nothing gives me more pleasure than saying with confidence the Lakers will be the worst team in the west.
First Round- Bulls over Knicks, Cavs over Pistons, Wizards over Hawks, Hornets over Raptors
Second Round- Bulls over Hornets, Cavs over Wizards
Conference Championship- Cavs over Bulls
First Round- Spurs over Pelicans, Clippers over Mavericks, Warriors over Blazers, Thunder over Rockets
Second Round- Spurs over Thunder, Clippers over Warriors
Conference Championship- Spurs over Clippers
NBA Championship- Spurs over Cavs. Once again Duncan owns Lebron, gets the Spurs their first back to back championship and cements himself as his generation’s best player
Season MVP- Anthony Davis. The Unibrow makes the superstar jump in a big way.
Rookie of the Year- Jabari Parker. Their will be many good rookies this year, but Parker will lead the way.
Defensive Player of the Year- Anthony Davis. Yes, I expect the Unibrow to double dip in major awards this year. He’s a beast.
Sixth man of the Year- Jamal Crawford. The Clips sixth man will gun his way to the award again.
Coach of the Year- David Blatt. Even though he will have little to do with the Cavs big jump, he will get the award.
Most Improved Player- Paul Pierce, the hardest award to predict, I think The Truth will play a major part for the Wizards this year.
Finals MVP- Tony Parker. It could be a number of different Spurs, but I see the frenchman winning it for the defending champs.
The Lakers will have the number one pick in the draft.
Rajon Rondo and Greg Monroe will be the biggest names to move at the trade deadline.
Dwyane Wade will miss more games than Derick Rose this year.
So, I decided I was tired of the old Joe Gomez’s Blog Cabin look. It needed a little bit more pizazz, so I decided to take it up a notch and make it a party. Hope everyone enjoys the new look.
Results from the wrestling show I was in on Sunday.
Yesterday I found out one of my comedy idols and an all time great performer Robin Williams died.Most people know Robin Williams as an actor, but to me, he did his best work on stage. The insane energy he brought every time he stepped on stage is unmatched, you never knew what was going to happen next. He was a true original. RIP to the most unique comedic person I ever had the pleasure of watching in my life.